Software Development Internship
Software Development Internship
This internship is for 6 months and quite extensive, this would mean that for bachelor students they would have to get an exception as internships normally are 3 ec.
Are you currently studying and do you want to gain some hands-on, real-world experience in an international company? Are you looking for a software engineering internship in a high-paced, international and innovative eCommerce environment? Here is your chance to join one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in Europe with 7 brands. Albelli Photobox Group is active in over 7 countries worldwide.
Albelli and Photobox Group have merged to create a leading player in the online European Photo Product and Gifting market. Together we now serve a pan-European customer base of over 7 million customers, supported by our 1,150 colleagues across the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, France, Spain, Germany, Norway and Sweden. We are focused on inspiring our customers to easily make beautiful photo products and bring their special moments to life.
As a software engineering intern, you will work in the center of Nijmegen as part of albelli's IT department. The IT department is responsible for the global maintenance and development of the entire IT chain at albelli Photobox Group: from infrastructure to the website to our manufacturing software that drives our EU based factories to produce all of our products.
- You'd be working on a project separate from the team but part of team processes, so you can learn, go at your own pace but still feel connected and guided;
- This project involves a cross platform compatible solution to image manipulation written in Rust which will power all albelli Photobox Group editors. There are clear requirements with a lot of room for improvements/additions;
- Any other proposal to work on is also very welcome.
- An Associate, Bachelor or Master student, in an IT/Computer Science related field;
- Coding experience and basic understanding of software development;
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English;
- A curious mind and a proactive attitude;
- Strongly motivated to make the most of your internship;
- Strong communication, interpersonal and relationship-building skills;
- Team player, but also able to work independently.
What we offer
- A fun and challenging internship in an international environment;
- Design and develop robust, testable and maintainable software solutions or automated tests;
- Learning and developing your professional skills in an international tech environment;
- Be part of the team's day to day business: this means hands-on coding, deploying, pair programming but also joining all the agile ceremonies;
- An assigned mentor to coach and guide you who works in the same office so you can regularly interact;
- An internship for at least 6 months, 32-40 hours a week;
- A market conform monthly internship allowance;
- Informal work culture.
You must be enrolled at a university in the EU for the complete duration of your internship. We only consider hiring interns who are in possession of an EU passport or have a valid residence permit for the purpose of 'study' in the Netherlands for the full duration of the internship.
Please send your resume to email@example.com. In your email please mention that you approach us about the Rust internship on the sv cognac site.