The Career Week is a yearly event organised by CognAC. It is meant to provide CognAC members with a coherent set of career-related activities. This includes talks, networking and more for everyone, no matter how far you are in your AI studies.
This year’s edition is from Tuesday the 7th of February until Wednesday the 15th of February. During this week the External Committee (XC) organises five activities, for each activity there is a separate registration. You can find more about how to register for each activity in the activity descriptions on the website when they have been put online. During the lunch lectures there will be free lunch, the XC will make sure there is enough variety in lunch. Registering for the lunch lectures is mandatory if you want free lunch. That way there will be enough for everyone.
The activities during the Career Week organised by the XC are:
- Tuesday 07/02: Lunch Lecture AIVD A look into data analytics and AI within the Dutch General Intelligence and Security Service.
- Wednesday 08/02: Lunch Lecture PTTRNS.AI Applying Artificial Intelligence in the Fashion Industry: STYLE Eyewear Recommendation
- Monday 13/02: Lunch Lecture Thirona Algorithms developed by Thirona
- Tuesday 14/02: Pubquiz Formorrow A chill and social evening with talent incubator Formorrow, and study associations Thalia, Marie-Curie and Desda.
- Wednesday 15/02: Alumni dinner For this activity we have invited some Radboud AI alumni to have dinner with CognAC members in a restaurant. Here you will have the chance to talk to them about their career path and any advice they might have for your own professional journey. This will be the first edition of the Alumni dinner.
Additionally, there are some other career-related activities during the week that are not organised by the XC. These are:
- Thursday the 9th of February: An event by the National AI Coalition and Innovation Center for Artificial Intelligence: "A Glimpse Into Our Future by Generation Z". This event is organised in partnership with ICAI, NLAIC, and Radboud University. During the event, AI researchers in Generation Z (1997- 2012) from the ELSA and ICAI communities will share their perspectives with the audience. Guests include Aiosyn, Ethically Responsible Innovation Student Collective (ERISC), SoundLab and Donders Institute.
- Friday the 10th of February: a Master fair. This is organized by collaboration of the AI study associations throughout the Netherlands. The fair is in Utrecht, and during the event multiple AI masters will present themselves to help you with your choice of Master study.
More information on these events will show up soon on the CognAC website, so keep an eye on this.
Want to know more about what CognAC has to offer career wise? This September we organized a How-to-Career talk, the slides of this talk can be found on the Study Cloud.
Behind all this is a small group of motivated people; the External Committee. Their aim is to narrow the gap between practise and theory, and student and young professionals. To achieve this goal they organise Drinking on the Job and the Career Week together with the Chief of External Affairs.
The XC is very excited about the Career Week and hope you are as well! Any questions/comments? You can always contact the XC at email@example.com